Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

Rachel Rising Vol. 1: The Shadow of Death

Author/Artist:  Terry Moore

Publisher:  Abstract Studios

First Publication:  June 2010

Source:  Comixology

Read for the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril IX Challenge and Graphic Novel Challenge


Graphic Novel Challenge #53

Over the last few years, I have seen other works by this creator.  He has done “Strangers in Paradise” and “Echo”.  This was the first time I picked up and read one of his stories.  It will not be the last time.  “Rachel Rising” has hooked me.  When a series starts out with the heroine clawing her way out of a grave, you know you are in for a fantastic ride.  At the end of the first volume, we still do not know exactly what is going on but the groundwork has been laid for the series.  The initial storyline is wrapped up.  I cannot wait to see where this goes next.  

If you are looking for a mysterious, spooky story with lots of atmosphere pick this up.  I know I will be continuing on with the rest of the series.








No comments:

Post a Comment