Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Meteor Men

Author:  Jeff Parker

Artist:  Sandy Jarrell

Publisher:  Oni Press

First Publication:  October 15, 2014

Source:  Net Galley

Graphic Novel Challenge #30

I was a huge fan of the Winston SF Series when I was growing up.  Jeff Parker has captured some of the feel of those books in "Meteor Men".

Alden Baylor is sitting in a field watching a meteor shower, little realizing that it signals the arrival of aliens on Earth.

Parker comes up with some original ideas for how the aliens interact with humanity.  I like the way he did not just rehash other alien contact stories.  Keeping the story focused on Alden helps it to stay grounded.  Parker writes Alden like a teenager and not like an adult.  I feel that helps the story.

The art by Sandy Jarrell is new to me.  Jarrell's art is organic and perfectly complements Parker's story.

Highly recommended for readers of all ages.


No comments:

Post a Comment