Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Avengers Origins: Vision #1

Writers:  Kyle Higgins and Alec Siegel


Artist:  Stephane Perger


Cover Date:  January 2012


The Avengers was one of the first series I read regularly.  At the time, it was written by Steve Englehart with various artists.  It did not take me long to start buying the various Marvel reprint titles and get up to date on the Stan Lee and Roy Thomas   runs on this title.  Through it's ups and downs with creative team changes, it remained one of my personal favorites.  When Brian Michael Bendis did his first arc "Avengers Disassembled", I knew it was going a direction that did not appeal to me.  I tried to keep reading it but the "Bendis approach" was not the style I liked on Avengers.  The only Avengers title I am currently reading is Christos Gage's "Avengers Academy".  It is more in the spirit of the old school series.  And that leads me to "Avengers Origins".


Higgins and Siegel have written a slightly different take on the origin of the Vision.  Roy Thomas did it originally.  This version stays true to the spirit of the original story.  This is what I would consider to be part of my Avengers.  If you are a fan of the old Avengers stories and are looking for something different from the current Bendis series, I strongly recommend picking this up.  


The art by Perger is in the painted style of Alex Ross.  Perger does an excellent job illustrating the story.  I will be looking for more of his work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment